Rachel graduated with an LLB (Hons) degree from the National University of Singapore in 2015. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 2016 and joined Characterist LLC thereafter.
Rachel’s primary areas of practice are in Civil and Commercial Litigation, and Criminal Litigation.
She regularly advises clients in a wide variety of civil and commercial matters, especially in the areas of landlord-tenancy disputes and other general contractual disputes.
She has also been involved in criminal litigation of a diverse nature, including financial offences, traffic offences, and sexual offences.
Rachel has thus represented not only individuals, but also statutory boards and companies.
Before joining Characterist LLC, Rachel underwent training in the areas of personal injury litigation, matrimonial litigation and other general litigation work.
Outside of practice, Rachel enjoys taking long walks, discovering new places, and having conversations over tea.
Tel: (65) 6298 8388
Fax: (65) 6338 2685
“A lawyer is not merely an advocate and solicitor, but also an advisor, a steward, a confidante.”
~ Rachel Soh
- • Advising and acting for a statutory board and various companies in their respective
landlord-tenancy disputes with their tenants
- • Assisting in an arbitration dispute between the charterer and hirer of a ship
- • Defending a construction company in respect of claims by a main-contractor under
various construction projects
- show more...
- • Acting for various judgment creditors in the recovery of judgment debts
- • Acting for various creditors in bankruptcy applications against their respective debtors
- • Advising a client in respect of allegedly defamatory comments posted by the client on
- • Defending a client in respect of criminal charges faced by the client for comments posted on social media
- • Assisting in and acting for clients facing harassment
- • Defending an employer in respect of a claim for unpaid salary and other expenses by an ex-employee
- • Advising and acting for an employee in respect of a dispute with an ex-employer
- • Assisting in a Magistrate's Appeal by a client seeking a reduction of sentence
for a corruption offence
- • Assisting in defending a client who faced charges for sexual offences against minors
- • Drafting wills for clients and advising them as to the same
- show less...
- • Member, Law Society of Singapore
- • Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- • Volunteer lawyer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS)
- • 2016 - Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
- • 2015 - LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
"Thanks for the strong service attitude, detailed legal advice and great efforts that your company has provided for the past few months. Last but not least, we wish to express our heartfelt thanks to Adrian and you and not forgetting your company staff."
- client who faced two criminal charges, both of which were withdrawn